Fujisawa Beach Cleaning Project involves large biannual beach, park and jinja cleanups. The cleanups are held in Spring (Earth Day) and Fall (International Coastal Cleanup Campaign) on the Fujisawa Enoshima coast in Shonan. These family friendly beach cleanups include collecting data on marine debris, and a networking aperitif afterwards.
The Project is endorsed by Fujisawa City Tourism Office, Kanagawa Prefectural Coastal Foundation, Enoshima Jinja, Japan Environmental Action Network and Ocean Conservancy.
The Project also includes beach cleanups for teachers and students and multilingual seminars for teachers and student leaders. Seminars include creating resources that teachers and leaders can use in their school curriculum.
With SEGO Initiative, the goal is to develop the Fujisawa Beach Cleaning Project youth programme. The idea is to give students from international and local schools the chance to do something good together. We are currently seeking corporate partners and sponsors for that.
• The chance to instill community service as an important value for you, your family and your team as well as:
• Volunteer in an easy to understand way
• Accomplish a tangible outcome- a clean safe beach
• Build bonds within teams and families for a good cause
• Support students and teachers with their classes
• Be a part of big data collection and of a global environmental movement
• Be a citizen scientist
In Kind Donations